ZJ Story 2020 Preview Tea Party

I first became aware of this preview tea party when the super gorgeous YamiHoshi posted snippets on their Instagram story and then I saw more photos from Chinese Lolita Updates which excited me so I wanted to share my pick of pics (you can see them all if you follow the link to Chinese Lolita Updates' post) and my thoughts on them and hopefully you'll enjoy them!

Ooo! This is SO aesthetically pleasing!
Well! That's the first peeks of the venue and styling of the tea party. There's not an excess of pictures that I've come across but these are more than enough to sell it to me. Just that first picture and I am there! I know as a community a lot of us wish to go to the big brand tea parties (remember that crazy fancy one for AP in Shanghai?) but some Chinese brands are really pulling out the stops and I would 10/10 go to this!

 
So let's see the goods!!! 
Please click the pictures to enlarge for the finer details!

Ooo! Yes! YES! This is so OTT! I love the look, the layers and textures in the dress, her sceptre, accessories, EVERYTHING! There is absolutely nothing I don't love about this set and I would wear the heck out of it! Model-chan's makeup is also on point! 

I think this is the navy colourway and without an underskirt? I'm not crazy about it in this colour. I think the overall look is too heavy in comparison to how ethereal the white looks? Great sceptre and great crown though!

Oh! Is there a theme here? What's the theme? Are we marine fairies? Celestials? I don't know but I'm living it for it! This look has strayed from lolita and most likely isn't for me but it is beautiful and I love the colour and design. I also like that Model-chan has a trident!

Model-chan is a pirate! I dig this look! The designs, colours and styling is SO good! Her hairstyle is cute and I especially love the cropped jacket. It probably doesn't go with any of my lolita wardrobe but I'd wear it with my normal clothes!
This also comes in navy but I wasn't feeling it.

YES! This boy look is SO much YES! I love the coat and all the matching cuffs - it's so nice and so cohesive! Can I picture this on me? Unfortunately not (I don't think boy Rachel could work this, not even with some cheeky Photoshopping) but I would love to see this is real life!

And if wine ain't your colour, ZJ Story also has a navy pirate set! I like the jacket but overall I much prefer the wine set.

I don't know why (this happens to me a lot by the way) but my initial thought upon seeing this was 'jellyfish princess'! Maybe its the colours? Maybe the pattern in the dress? Or maybe I'm actually right and it is meant to be a jellyfish look? I don't know but I like it and Model-chan's hair is cute! 
This also comes as an OP but it didn't excite me.

An interesting look but I'm not sure what this look is?
I like the colour palette though, that's a good green! Would wear the cape/ coat thingy!

Oh! What is THIS? Well it's definitely NOT lolita but I think I love it? Look at her! Model-chan know's she's a million dollars and she looks like a woman with a plan! However, this is not for me and I certainly do not have a plan!

This Wa lolita look is cute! I really like the colours and Model-chan's hair is very sweet! I'd love to see this look or a look like this is real life but I think it'd be too sweet for me.
It also comes as a JSK but this version excited me more.

Woah! It also comes in black x orange - excuse me what?
Definitely not for me but I like the blouse they've styled it with.

And that's a wrap! Thank you for these beautiful and somewhat questionable gems ZJ Story! I hope you have another tea party and I hope I'm able to attend one day!

---

And just in case you wondered, that first white dress is my most favourite thing ever! 
Big love! What about you? What do you think of this preview and what do you like/ dislike? 

- Part Time 小姐

Comments

  1. Holy fuck, I love that vintage houndstooth jacket and skirt set! I want to wear this, if ZJ Story makes this in my size, I may even give in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has been tempted!!! You'd rock that set so hard!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Remote Twinning - The haberdashery is open!

Comfy Coords - Lockdown Edition

Attack of the Clones - Twinning Meet