First Meet of 2020 - Le Chalet


Whee, 2020 is here! However, chances are that it’s a new year but it’s still the same old me and there will not be much (if any) improvement on the blogging front but anyhow, let’s start the year off with a report of the first meet of 2020!


The first meet of the year was a relaxed and delicious one! We had a big turnout (especially for this time of year) and there was a whole 17 of us doing tea at Le Chalet, a French Patisserie and Tearoom. The turnout also involved the representation of different generations of the comm from the early members (I considered myself to be an early member of the group that day, I joined the comm in 2013) to ones who were active over the last year or so to those who were attending a meet for the first time!

[image from Google]

I was tempted by the waffles and French toast from the food menu (though we had to ask, is it cannibalism if Toast-chan eats toast?) but opted for the afternoon tea with Hibiscus tea which was pink!

I also made the 'adult decision' that I also needed an alcoholic beverage so voila! A French Martini which coincidentally was also pink!

My picture is a bit rubbish because of the back light but this was a VERY good afternoon tea! 
I chose smoked salmon and cream cheese sandwiches which were made on the softest bread! The scones were very big and very good. Out of the desserts I got the creme brulee and what I thought was carrot cake but it was kind of orangey? Anyway, both desserts were VERY good!

Now onto the look for this meet! For a brief moment I wanted to wear my princess sleeves and make Toast Hime a thing but that really needed more thought and is probably best saved for an OTT meet so I’ll archive that for later on in the year. I like to call this look Classy Toast-chan!


JSK - Babyball x Spinchen
Cutsew - Offbrand
Bow - Angelic Pretty
Shoes - Little Dipper
Bag - Loris
Brooches - After Midnight



I'm V happy with this look and had a fantastic time at my first meet of the year!

---

So my lolita resolution for this year is to wear my frills more and go to more meets! Did you make one?

- Part Time 小姐

Comments

  1. Next time I am so getting the afternoon tea. Not complaining with my food, just saying that it looked delicious and great value for money. And with so many toasts, Toast-chan has endless possibilities - I've no doubts that Hime Toast could be one of them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Remote Twinning - The haberdashery is open!

Comfy Coords - Lockdown Edition

Attack of the Clones - Twinning Meet