Is This My Wedding Dress?

Does Taobao know something that I don't? Is this a hint? What's with all these dresses I would totally consider getting married in???

Pretty Galaxy - Antique Dress 
Price: 489 RMB

Sooo pretty! I love this photo too. If I was photographed like this someone would have to Photoshop me a jawline haha!

It looks so soft and feminine!

Great layers, great textures! I like that it's a soft peachy colour, it makes me think of the blush pink wedding dress trend.
Also a fantastic price but the I'm a little unsure about the length. Is it that funny midi length? Hmm, either I need some big heels or an underskirt or maybe it will lift a fair bit with enough poof? 7/10 would get married in!

***

This Time - Flower Goddess
Price: 598 RMB

Ooo! This is pretty! Not for my wedding but great sleeves Model-chan!

Look at how beautiful these details are?! I Love the different textures and colours. It adds a lot of interest to the dress.

Ok so I REALLY love this one! The design, details, the length... everything about this is so nice! Also is that overskirt detachable? Because if it is I'd maybe swap it out for an overskirt with a train. Also a fantastic price, 9.5/10 would get married in!

***
Sweetwood - The Secret Garden of Midsummer
Price: 588 RMB

Look at the lace! THE LACE! This dress is SO pretty! A bit different in terms of colour but something blue, right? I guess the non-typical wedding colour also makes it very wearable for other occasions. Great price and great sleeves (but not for my wedding), this is a 8/10 would get married in!

***

Quaint Lass - Re-release 
Price: 1280/ 1680 RMB

Ooo! Drama!

Extremely pretty details, I like the gold accents very much!

Woah! This comes in 2 cuts and BOTH and AMAZING! The designs, texture and details are all so beautiful and I even have a choice of legs or no legs! Being short, I would probably go with the short cut but the floor length version has such immense drama! Ahhhh!
These guys are like double the price of the previous entries (while still a fraction of the cost of an actual wedding dress...) they are still more than reasonable and the most weddingy of the lot. 10/10 would get married in!

---

I don't have a dream wedding dress but I am very open to the idea of a lolita dress because I know I will likely wear it again. As beautiful as a wedding dress is, what would I realistically do with this dress that I've spend hundreds on after the wedding? Display it?

 Just for the record, I am not in need of a wedding dress anytime soon though I'm sure Mr Rachel would not argue with the price of ANY of these (not even that Quaint Lass gem) and would be more than happy that I am being so frugal should we decide to do the thing.
What about you? Would you get married in lolita?

- Part Time 小姐

Comments

  1. This Time's Flower Goddess dress gives me some Princess Serenity vibes (probably because of the white x gold and the empire waist combination). And the sleeves on the Sweetwood coord's blouse are great! But the Quaint Lass dress is definitely better in the shorter version. It looks like it has more volume and I wish the long version had that beaded/embroidered layer extend further down, the two rows of ruffles give me that excessive underskirt vibe, which I was never very keen on.
    The thing with wedding dresses is - they charge you a fortune and then you look at it, especially as a lolita, and notice the poor lace they're trying to sell you. Um, hello? For that price, I could probably buy a nicer lace and have something custom made, and still have money left over. So going with a lolita dress will guarantee you better quality, as well as a better price.
    Though I won't lie, I enjoy the drama and the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, so I'd probably still go with a non-lolita wedding dress (disclaimer: also not at risk of actually needing one anytime soon). Having said this, I fully anticipate to not find anything I like in shops and going down the custom made route. Which is fine, but only as long as I know what I want - which I very much don't lol!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Remote Twinning - The haberdashery is open!

Comfy Coords - Lockdown Edition

Attack of the Clones - Twinning Meet