It's Time to OT-Tea Party!


Is an OT-Tea Part really OTT if you don’t go all out? I decided that I would wear my Hanfu OP from Myths of Our Own again because I didn’t want a dress I loved so much to be a one wear wonder and I think that’s what I want my final form to be - Hanfu lolita.

SO! Let’s take a moment to talk about this dress that I love so much! With its heavier weight and classic Hanfu detailing and fox embroidery, this dress spoke to me on SO many levels and I was at the height of my 10 Miles of Peach Blossom obsession so I HAD to have it.
I have no idea what the official name of this dress is but I’m going to have a stab at ‘Nine Tailed Fox Embroidery OP ‘– that’s what I’d call it!


When I wore it at Myths, I literally threw on as it came along with the overskirt. This time I wanted to find a different way to style this dress. Admittedly, this is a struggle and it’s probably why I don’t own many OPs! In an ideal world, I would have liked to have made a floor length Hanfu overdress with flowing sleeves and embellishment and ordered some elaborate hairpins from the ole Taobao for a lavish palace drama look.
Images from Pinterest

But alas, neither time nor money are on my side so that’s one for the archives!
Since an imperial concubine inspired look is a no go, it was only natural for me to gravitate back towards 10 Miles of Peach Blossom (I am in the process of watching this again) so instantly I knew I was going to accessories with my YuQing KunLun fan and wanted to add some more purple tones as a light nod to some of QianQian’s outfits.
Images from Pinterest

Still insistent on adding something extra to try and change the look of the OP and add some purples, I subbed out the idea of an overdress for a flowy overskirt in a lilac chiffon (I have the fabric for that! In fact, I have had this fabric for YEARS) and made some flower hairpins out of the leftover fabric to accompany the sole purple hair accessory I have on me.


Now! My favourite thing about this whole look is the hair! I strived to create a hairstyle reminiscent of those in Wuxia and Xianxia dramas and added the accessories from Myths at the back to firstly cover the mess and secondly because it’s OTT meet! The more the merrier! I feel like I bought these extensions especially for these kinds of hairstyles!




Thank you for this photo Helen – I had no idea what the back looked like prior to her showing me this photo!


And now! Let’s talk about the tea party itself! My train was late (surprise, surprise) so please enjoy a pic of the lovely venue courtesy of our fantastic host, Cupcake Kamisama!
See her blog post [HERE]

The food was yummy and there was a selection of tea by Taylors of Harrogate that we could choose from which was nice. I had an Afternoon Darjeeling and a Blackcurrant (which was rather risky considering the white OP) which were both V nice!



It was a really nice chilled out meet and I really enjoyed hanging out with my friends and catching up with those I’ve not seen in AGES – looking at you Boro!
We also played a game where we had to guess the name of BTSSB dresses - because it was a 50:50 chance, I got 3 right! My tactic was to pic the one with the most words!
And finally! Thank you to everyone who took pictures of my outfit for me! I definitely felt like I was living my best lolita life!


OP - Taobao (I *think* the brand if Forest Wardrobe?)
Kunlun Fan - Taobao (a 3L3W proplica!)
Hairpin - giftshop at 太平山, HK
Shoes - Taobao
Overskirt - Handmade
All other accessories - Handmade

---

I really enjoyed wearing this look and I think Hanfu lolita is maaaaybe my favourite type of lolita on myself? Although I'm very new to it and this is the second time wearing it, I feel very comfortable and very much like the best version of myself in it! I think in 2020 I would like to get a Hanfu style blouse so I could maybe see if I can shoehorn any of my other dresses to fit the aesthetic!
What's your favourite style to wear?

- Part Time 小姐





Comments

  1. Hanfu lolita is so gorgeous and you wear it really well. Having maybe one hanfu JSK or high waisted skirt and some blouses/boleros would probably be a good way to build that side of your wardrobe up with minimum number of pieces? Because everything else you can change up with different accessories, most of which you can either make or get cheaply off Taobao (and not even just from the lolita shops, but the bridal ones too!). Sorry to be an enabler and encouraging you to go in that OTT direction of buying more things :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I'm glad you think I do the style justice :)
      Ahaha! This isn't the enabling I wanted but I'm buying it! Definitely something to investigate next year!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Remote Twinning - The haberdashery is open!

Comfy Coords - Lockdown Edition

Attack of the Clones - Twinning Meet