Last Week's Taobao Delights 0.6

Wow! It's been a wee while since the last one huh? Things are finally starting to settle down a little with life now so hopefully big gaps won't be so common. ^^'

Anyhoo! Taobao time!

---

30/09/2019


Initial reaction - This is CUTE!

In four colours (navy, beige, pink & green) and 3 sets (OP, skirt and boystyle) this is a cute series that looks mega comfy and versatile! Everything about these sets is very simple and stripped back in terms of design but I think that's why I like them so much?

(If you think I've got a soft spot for sailor or school-esque looks, you are correct!) 

I love, love, love the 'Back to School' vibes from the photos.

---

01/10/2019


Initial reaction - This is RIDICULOUS!

And that folks is EXACTLY why it's here! I mean, the dress itself has potential. It could have been a lovely, simple and very versatile JSK that I'd definitely wear if they'd stopped after the bows (I love pink x sax) but NO! They had to slap some actual teddies and some ears (?) on the dress!
It could have been so right but it's just so wrong. Next!

---


Initial reaction - I'm not 100% sure that this is but it looks old mappy and it's kinda cute?

This dress also comes in a red colourway and I think what drew me to this was the silhouette and simple print and the way it contrasts so nicely against the lightness of the dress. It's striking but not in a way that's too bold. 
Cute but I don't need it.

---

02/10/2019


Initial reaction - This isn't lolita but I don't care!

Yeah you heard me! I don't care because I LOVE this!!! In four colours and maybe two cuts (I assume the cut of the black dress will be in all the other colours too?) this is just so pretty and so regal! I have NO idea where I'd wear this to (I might be going to a wedding next year but I 10/10 cannot wear this to a Northern Irish Christian wedding!) but I can't stop thinking about it. I also love the way it's been styled and photographed.

Please click to see these full size because these photos are BEAUTIFUL!
真的是太华丽了!太美了!

---

03/10/2019


Initial reaction - Coming to a cinema near you!

If this were a movie, I'd watch the HELL out of it! IT'S TIME TO SPOOP and Bacio Bouquet is serving Halloween realness with this dress and these absolutely bewitching photos! In two spoop-tastic colourways, this OP is perfectly nonsensical for a Halloween meet! Or any other time. Spooping isn't just for Halloween after all!

Again, click to see these photos better because they are GOLD! I really love how some Taobao brands just go proper all out with their photography - this is what I aspire to be! The whole aesthetic is just so perfect! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!

---

04/10/2019


Initial reaction - Oh no, I love it!

There is nothing mildly wintery about this at all but that's fine because it's mega pretty and I LOVE it! I've not bought a floral dress in a long time and this one has lovely ruffles and lovely pintucks and it's just such a beautiful classic dress. With the design and details, I feel like you could go quite OTT with it and maybe even do something Hime? I would like to see that anyway!

It's a real shame that I'm on a buying ban right now because I REALLY like it! 我太喜欢了!

---

06/10/2019


Initial reaction - WOAH!

I'm sorry what? I'm not into split dresses but I don't hate this? I'm unsure about the mint x white and the black x white but the other two are kind of doing it for me in a weird way? With the right accessories and styling, I think they could make very whimsical Poker themed outfits? 

A fun idea and the dress lends well but overall, I think it'd be a LOT nicer if the base of the dress was all one colour and the accents the other.

---

And there we are! Time to top it off with the cherry that is 'My Favourite Dress' and 'Most Wearable Dress'!

My favourite Dress - A Mild Winter & Most Wearable Dress - untitled from YuChaShui

It was a close call between A Mild Winter and Heart in a Cage for 'My Favourite Dress' but today I went with the actually lolita offering. Most Wearable 'Dress' isn't a dress this week because I simply love this boystyle set and there is just SO much I can do with it as a set and separates.

---

And there you have it! Let's see if I manage to stay on top of this now!

- Part Time 小姐

Comments

  1. Heart in a Cage is so gorgeous, it keeps popping up on my Facebook feed and I'm so tempted. However, I just splashed a lot on (a downpayment for) a dress. And I'm still unsure about long length dresses on me (even though the one I just bought is long - way to go xDDD). And the Mild winter dress reminds me of Victorian Maiden's Rococo Bouquet a lot, they've had some cuts that looked pretty similar. But this is Taobao, so not only is it more affordable, it will have more sizes, so I'm all for it. The model in the boystyle set is cute. I'm mostly indifferent to the set itself, but the model is adorable. Also, can we make film-poster style photoshoots for lolita a thing? I really need it to be a thing. we could hire a studio and everyone could have a whole film idea based around their coord and we'd make it happen through the magic of props and photoshop! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Remote Twinning - The haberdashery is open!

Comfy Coords - Lockdown Edition

Attack of the Clones - Twinning Meet