Last Week's Taobao Delights 0.4

Welcome to a normal edition of Last Week's Taobao Delights! Let's go!

---

09/09/2019



Initial reaction - Is this a Sherlock look???

Upon closer inspection, I think it's meant to be a low-key steampunk look judging by the accessories. Oh well, wrong theme/ style judgement aside, this comes in two colourways (brown and grey) and I really like this dress in all it's aspects! I like the simplicity and design design elements (the bodice is cute!) and would wear the heck out of it!

But seriously, someone tell me how this ISN'T a Sherlock dress???

---



Initial reaction - I LOVE this photo series!

Okay, the sad thing here is that I love the photo series more than the actual dress.  I'm a BIG fan of Hanfu lolita but I do not love this dress. From my knowledge of Chinese traditional dress, I want to say the look is inspired by Tang Dynasty dress (I LOVE the Tang Dynasty) but because of the length and shape, it's a bit blocky for my liking and lacks the elegance I associate with Hanfu and Hanfu lolita. Having said that, I love the colours and I love the styling. 
Model-chans, you look gorgeous and I love the accessories but this dress is a nope for me!

---

11/09/2019



Initial reaction - Oh! This is NIIIIIICE!

We have two cuts (JSK and hime sleeve OP) and two colourways and I like this VERY much! The cuts, details and styling is SPOT ON!
If I had the money and I knew it'd be here on time, I would like the white hime sleeve OP for November's OT-Tea party!

Model-chan appreciation! I love her look and every photo of her!

---

15/09/2019



Initial reaction - I LOVE THIS!

Oh! THIS! I also want THIS for the OT-Tea party! I have a soft spot for black x wine and I love the textures and layers in this dress! I really like Model-chan's hair and the styling also on point - would definitely wear! 




Initial reaction - Is THIS my wedding dress???

Ha! So here's another candidate for my wedding dress archive! I love the delicateness of this dress. The fabric, colour and texture is so dainty and ethereal (especially with the overdress) and I really love all that alongside the structured waist!

Wedding or not, this is a 10/10 would wear!

---


Initial reaction - it's time to SPOOP!

The dresses don't excited me but the spooky, derpy cats do! This is so silly! I don't need this but if it came as a skirt... I would maaaybe think about it?
It's a no for me but the little witch hat is cute though!

---

So these are the things that stood out to me last week! Time to top the post off with a cherry! Presenting 'My favourite Dress' and 'Most Wearable Dress'!

My favourite Dress - This Time & Most Wearable Dress - Rebel Diary

---

And that's a wrap! It was a close call! Rebel Diary was so nearly the winner of both categories but I had a soft spot for This Time (I also don't know if that's the name of the brand or the dress - if you know, hit me up in the comments!). As a final note, PLEASE share your thoughts on Rebel Diary - I CAN'T be the only one who thinks it's a Sherlock dress! Right? 

- Part Time 小姐

Comments

  1. The spoopy cat dress is more of a case of: if that were a postcard, I'd happily frame it, but I don't need to wear it. That white dress is so nice! I doubt that waist and boobs would sit where they're supposed to on me, it looks a little bit short for me, so again, I'll just admire. And I remember seeing that Magic Book dress and no word of a lie, I legit thought that was an old Infanta dress at first, they had a floral print in this teal-y colourway that at a glance looks exactly like this. It may even have had a princess sleeve OP version? I don't know, I only ever remembered the JSK. Oh, and the Sherlock dress is so wearable, can we make brown and grey tartans the 2k19 autumn trend? *.*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's it exactly! I appreciate it and I'd put it on the wall but not on my body haha! Now that you say it, I can see what you mean about the Magic Book dress. Not going to lie, I'm not 100% sure which dress you mean but the colour and overall look of the dress does make me think of Infanta!
      I'm happy to see you calling it the Sherlock dress too! I would absolutely love some grey or brown tartan in my autumn wardrobe!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Remote Twinning - The haberdashery is open!

Comfy Coords - Lockdown Edition

Attack of the Clones - Twinning Meet