If I Were a Boy

It's cheesy but you KNEW that this would be the title of a post about Man Meet!

I was mega excited to be participating in this year's Man Meet (I have been informed that the Tokyo International Comm do this every year? I hope we do too!) and had worked on the idea for a couple of months. By worked on, I mean I thought about it and bought a wig for Boy Rachel (Ray?) and then made a mini hat the night before because what do boys wear on their heads???
Unfortunately my face tape didn't arrive in time (I should have tried to get some in Hong Kong) but I think that the contouring (lol, I tried okay?!) and angle helped slim down my moon face!

 So what happens at Man Meet? Manly thing, duh! We went for Korean BBQ and of course only men can handle this much meat! 

This is my first time at Bulgogi Grill and we ordered from the Lunch Menu. This came with sauces, side dishes (including kimchi and pickled cucumber), rice and lettuce for the table.

 I ordered beef and pork and a Korean honey & lemon tea - the menu tells me this is delicious and yes, it was! Would drink again!
The last time I had Korean BBQ was in Hong Kong so I tried my best to not compare the two because that one a buffet and it was AMAZING (they don't call HK a food heaven for nothing!) so it definitely wouldn't be fair. Overall, Bulgogi Grill was a lovely, communal dining experience and at £14.25 it was a sound meal! I would K-BBQ here again!

After some relaxed chat about upcoming events, what we're all doing with ourselves (like a few others, I am starting a new job soon - yay!) and afterwards, we engaged in some extremely serious, manly photography!

The Ouji boyband you didn't know you needed is HERE!

We had one lolita between us so opted for a collective photo instead of a mass kabedon! She's a cutie, I hope we see her again!

How do men pose??? 
I tried to replicate poses I'd seen on Instagram and Pinterest.

Get yourself a girl who can do both! 
Hana is officially my wife AND my husband!

And a V serious, manly photo before going off to get Bubble Tea! Thank you for taking these Jo, you're so gooood!!!

Wig - 大老家 (Da Lao Home @ Taobao)
Mini hat - Handmade (the bow is AATP)
Blazer - TK Maxx
Blouse - Pumpkin Cat
Shorts - Handmade
OTKS - Innocent Wolds
Boots - Kwai Fong Plaza
Accessories - Haenuli, Sweet Sakura, offbrand, handmade

---

So this was an experience! This was my first time wearing boystyle and despite thinking that I wouldn't be able to pull it off for an awfully long time, I really enjoyed being Boy Rachel and I hope he makes an appearance again! 
Have you ever dipped into a style that you didn't think would work for you and enjoyed it?

- Part Time 小姐

Comments

  1. The question is, do we keep K-BBQ as our Man Meet too or do we explore other kinds of menly foods? I can easily envision steaks and burgers, as well as just a general pub meet working for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, as much as I enjoy K-BBQ I also want to eat other manly foods - maybe we can alternate and every other year it's K-BBQ? A general pub meet also works well! Maybe we can play pool next time, that's V manly xD

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Remote Twinning - The haberdashery is open!

Comfy Coords - Lockdown Edition

Attack of the Clones - Twinning Meet