Last Week's Taobao Delights 0.3

Welcome to a slightly late edition of Last Week's Taobao Delights! Let's get straight into the goods!

---

14/08/2019



Initial reaction - I want to hang out with them!

This was the first to catch my eye and comes in three beautiful and subtle colourways - I love them all! I also love the photography (Taobao brands really knock it out of the park in this aspect!) and composition, it's all so aesthetic!

And look how stunning the details are! Love, love, love!

---



Initial reaction - Ooo I like the photos! Steampunk? Steampunk.

It took me a while to decide if this was steampunk or not. The print does have gears and cogs amongst roses so you could definitely do low-key steampunk things with this dress and if kept subtle, I think it could be really aesthetically pleasing in both colourways! 
What I like the most here is the photography, composition and colour palette. The mood really lends itself to  a steampunk vie without shouting in your face - I like this!

---

15/08/2019



Initial reaction - This is fancy! Woah, this series has SO much going on!

So on the Chinese Lolita Updates page, there are three different posts and ALL of them are part of the Under the Rose series (one is a long, goddess king of look, the other boystyle) so I chose this particular post because I liked the goods here the most!
These two JSKs alone come in 4 colourways.

 
THIS is what I'm here for! So I think they called this JSK II and I think it's fascinating as a piece! The peep of the shorts gives me an androgynous ouji vibe and with bloomers and a cage skirt instead, it could make for an interesting ero look!
And look at Model-chan's legs! The go on for DAYS!
I'm not 100% sure what this is but I love it!

---



Initial reaction - EXCUSE ME WHAT?!

This comes in three colours and EVERYTHING is happening here, where do I even look?

I assume we're going for the OTT special set look (you know the ones, crazy layers and bows for days!) but it just doesn't do it for me. There are some really nice details but there is just WAY too much going on here for me. No thank you.

---

16/08/2019



Initial reaction - SWEET MANA! 我的天哪!

Holy heck, I LOVE this! I'm not crazy for religious motifs (not do I dislike them, I'm pretty neutral, it depends on the overall look) but it is doing SO much for me!
It comes in two colourways and the purple is perfect if you don't want to look too nun-like. 
At first I thought would be a great look to go with my Jesus legs but the more I look at it, I think it's the photos and models that are doing it for me. This probably looks a LOT better on them like this then it will on me...

---

17/08/2019



Initial reaction - IT'S BACK! O___O

Oh help... the waffle dress is back in both cuts and colourways. HELP!
I only just managed to resist this the last time and I am going to have to fight the urge again. Should I really be fighting it though? I mean, I can be Toast-chan AND Waffle-chan... right?
Send help.

---



Initial reaction - This is not lolita.

But if you've been reading Last Week's Taobao Delights, there seems to be a common theme where I find something that makes me shout 'this is NOT lolita!' but I also absolutely love at the same time. This is ANOTHER one of those! In three cuts (there's also a two piece but I wasn't feeling that one), this set is absolute dripping with old-school Chinese glamour!
I am LIVING!

---

And that's a wrap! Some interesting standout pieces last week and now it's time to top the post off with a cherry! Time for 'My Favourite Dress' and 'Most Wearable Dress'!

Surprise! This week 'My Favourite Dress' and the 'Most Wearable Dress' is the SAME fantastic specimen! 

---

I'm going away this weekend so I'm going to have to skip a week of Last Week's Taobao Delights but it will be revealed whether or not I resisted the waffle dress for a second time when I return!

- Part Time 小姐

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remote Twinning - The haberdashery is open!

Comfy Coords - Lockdown Edition

Attack of the Clones - Twinning Meet