Last Week's Taobao Delights 0.2

First things first, thanks to everyone who read the first instalment of 'Last Week's Taobao Delights' - I hope you all enjoyed it because here is a second instalment featuring the bits that caught my eye in the week just gone! Once again, if you click on the name of the release, it will link you through to the appropriate post by Chinese Lolita Updates on Facebook where you'll find the relevant information for ordering!

---

06/08/2019


Initial reaction - HARRY POTTER! HUH!

This OP comes in Ravenclaw, Gryffindor, Slytherin and Hufflepuff!! I mean look at the colourways, this is DEFINITELY a Hogwarts dress and it is MEGA cute! I love everything about this and I really want to see it worn in real life but unfortunately, it will never grace my wardrobe because sack dresses suck on me :< 

I look forward to seeing this on other people though!

--- 



Initial reaction - GINGHAM!

I love, love, love gingham and this set really IS a little sweetie! In three colourways with matching wristcuffs and bandanna, this really is the cutest thing I've ever seen! While the red is my favourite, I can't help but love the pink x sax, I love this colour combination! Every colourways is a firm 10/10 would wear!


---



Initial reaction - Holy heck! Did we really just stick actual teddies on a dress???

The answer is yes Rachel, that's EXACTLY what's going on here and they have this in three colourways (pink and sax too) AND as an OP! I don't like this but I don't hate this either, I'm just really boggled here and I think this is really funny? Next!

---

07/08/2019



Initial reaction - Oh? Oh!

These salopettes were pretty underwhelming to me at first glance and probably lean a more towards a casual kawaii look but later on I noticed the bat details and that is cute! 
Would I wear this as lolita? Probably not but I would absolutely wear it as something casual and cute.

---

09/08/2019



Initial reaction - Excuse me what?

Are they idols in an under water song contest? Because that is the vibe I'm getting here! 
Regardless, I think I can get behind this? It comes in three colourways and the overall look is pretty sweet. However, while I applaud the creativity I really am getting J-pop idol, not lolita - sorry!

---



Initial reaction - *___*

Okay, so like a lot of the things that Classical Puppets churns out, this is a historical romance dress, not lolita BUT it made it into my highlights of last week and I LOVE it! 
As a designer and textiles graduate, I am FLOORED by the beautiful details in this! If it came without the sleeves as a sweetheart neckline strapless dress, I would be getting married in this! 
NOTE: I am not getting married anytime soon, I just think about this a lot.


I LOVE the silk roses they've adorned the hat and skirt with. It's so beautiful and opulent! Since prints seem to be the main focus in lolita nowadays, I find myself really easily seduced by design features and intricate details.

 
LOOK at this bodice! I am so in love right now.

---

10/08/2019



Initial reaction - Is this a Christmas dress? 

Upon closer inspection, YES! This IS a Christmas dress! If that's what you're looking for this year, this guy is available as an OP and JSK! 
I'm not into seasonal dresses as such so it's a pass for me!

---

Overall, the week just gone was a little underwhelming for me in terms of Taobao treasures. Not many things stood out (for either reasons) so I didn't have to do much narrowing down of what dresses I wanted to talk about.  

To top the post off with a cherry, time for 'My Favourite Dress' and the 'Most Wearable Dress'.

My Favourite Dress - Austin, in the Name of Rosa & Most Wearable Dress - Little Sweetie (Red)

---

And that's a wrap! What did you think of last week's Taobao goods? Do you agree with my picks of standout pieces?

- Part Time 小姐

Comments

  1. That Harry Potter set really reminds me of a lot of AP's university releases. And dammit, I'm too preoccupied with Christmas as is, I don't need Chinese brands getting me even more in the mood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that you say it, I can see it (I also googled it lol)!
      Paulina, you can't possible be getting your Christmas on already xD

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Remote Twinning - The haberdashery is open!

Comfy Coords - Lockdown Edition

Attack of the Clones - Twinning Meet