REVIEW: Sakura Pocky

Want to know what else I love apart from lolita? Food. Especially cute or gimmicky food!

While I was in Hong Kong in late March I picked up some Sakura Pocky from Japanese supermarket YATA and somehow, I have only JUST got round to eating it.


I was 10/10 into sakura things in Hong Kong (I forked out 28HKD which is about £2.50 on a piece of artisan sakura mochi - oops) but if I said I wasn't totally won over by the packaging, I would be lying. It could have been ANY flavour and I'd have probably bought it for the packaging and for 'science' - obviously. 

Needless to say I was very pleased that even the internal packaging was mega pretty!


Compared to the picture on the packaging, the actual Pocky definitely didn't have as many Sakura bits (?) and it definitely wasn't as vibrant as pictured but in all honesty, that was kind of expected. 

On to the taste! 
They were sweet (not hugely different to the flavour of the strawberry ones to be totally honest) with a subtly floral hint. In all honesty I don't know how to describe sakura flavoured things other than 'a bit florally' but I can tell you that I REALLY liked these and they didn't last long!

CRUNCH TIME!

Packaging: 10/10!
Price: 7/10 (they were approx £1.80 but I'm lenient when on holiday!)
Flavour: 8.5/10 - I don't know how much they tasted of sakura but I really enjoyed them!

Overall: 7.5/10 - would eat again!

---

Do you ever get tempted by certain flavours or themes in snacks? 

- Part Time 小姐



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remote Twinning - The haberdashery is open!

Comfy Coords - Lockdown Edition

ZJ Story 2020 Preview Tea Party