The Met Gala for UK Lolitas

I'm not usually into Hollywood and celebrities but every year I get really excited for the Met Gala and what everyone wears. As I went through various articles looking at what everyone wore, I drew a comparison to the annual Tea Party Club events.

Four outfits in one night! My Queen!

Now, now. I know they are two very separate things but for me, it's kind of like the Met Gala in the sense that there's a theme and because it's my biggest event of the year, I always feel like I want to get really creative with it!

Now that I think about it, I took TPC 10 ft AP - Dream Masquerade Carnival real seriously. I made two mood boards that I thought fit the theme of 'Dream Masquerade Carnival' - one gothic and one sweet.  



To be honest, I don't own anything gothic and I don't think it's possible for me to wear gothic lolita and not look like a chibi vampire so I went with the sweet interpretation. 

Because Angelic Pretty were going to be the main guest, I decide to wear my only sweet AP dress and a true icon - Whipped Magic! With this dress in mind, I made a firm decision to go as sweet as I could physically manage!


This was the final coord and the sweetest I have ever been and possibly the sweetest I will ever look!

JSK - Angelic Pretty
Blouse - Anna House
Socks - Taobao 
Shoes - CITTA
Wig - DreamHolic
Hairbow - Angelic Pretty
Cupcakes - After Midnight

---

What do you think of my comparison of TPC events to the Met Gala? Can you see where I'm coming from?

- Part Time 小姐


Comments

  1. Aw, I miss TPC events now - they definitely were the UK lolita equivalent of the Met Gala. Although our outfits were always more on point than some of the celebrities (they did super well last year with Heavenly Bodies and yet this year so many were just disappointing).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha! I'm glad you think so too Paulina!
      Right? I was disappointed this year! We are generally VERY good at coordinating and being on theme!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Remote Twinning - The haberdashery is open!

Comfy Coords - Lockdown Edition

Attack of the Clones - Twinning Meet